Vietnam vs Singapore – tomorrow!
Posted by Vietnam Swans on May 30, 2008
The Swans Blog and a number of Singaporean Wombats have already flown into Hanoi. The Capital has been gripped with Footy Fever.
The locals have responded amazingly to Willy’s call for them to express their support for the Swans by leaving their cars at home and riding their motorbikes instead. The Hanoians have come out in droves. Fantastic and unbelievable scenes.
The BIG news is that this inaugural match between the Vietnam Swans and the Singapore Wombats will be played for the Mick Francis / Lou Milicevic Cup. Mick led the charge for the rebirth of footy in Hanoi which has now spread to the deep south of the country. Lou is a former coach of the Singapore Wombats.
The Agenda this weekend is:
- Tonight, from 6.30pm – Jaspas, 4th Flr Hanoi Towers to greet the Singapore Wombats and have the jumper presentation. Hanoi Oi’s netballers will also be there. Awwwwwwwesome.
- Tomorrow @ 2pm – UNIS, Ciputra. Game on. Presentation of the Mick Francis / Lou Milicevic Cup to be done by the Australian Ambassador, Bill Tweddell. (Showers are at the ground so bring a change of clothes)
- Tomorrow after the match – JAFA Bar and Restaurant, Ciputra – drinks and dinner
- Sunday Brunch – The Green Mango
This weekend, you won’t have to wait until the end of the day to discover that it’s all good.
Special thanks to the Club’s sponsors:
- Linfox Logistics – The Swans wouldn’t trust anyone else to shift our trophy cabinets
- Loscam Pallets – The Swans use Loscam’s pallets to load our trophy cabinets onto Linfox trucks
- Blue Ink Asia – As the designers of our awwwwwwwesome new Vietnam Swans jumper, should be rebadged as Blue (Red, White & Black) Ink Asia
- Big Rooster Footy – Rooster the Goose has manufactured the perfect Swans jumper
- Bobby Brewers Coffee – The perfect companion when watching late night re-runs of classic Swannies’ matches
- Jim Beam – With Beam, it’s never Been better.
- Jaspas Bar & Restaurant – You’ve seen Casper the friendly ghost so now try Jaspas your friendly hosts
- Jafa Bar & Restaurant – A clever rhyme has me licked this time – but do try their ice cream
Finally, a prediction for the Wombats: You’ve just been passed by another Swan. Hearin me?
Phil Johns President, Vietnam Swans