Swannies’ Family Days and ANZAC Match Doco – Sunday 5 August from 2pm, Hanoi & Saigon
Posted by Vietnam Swans on July 30, 2012
Hanoi shall hold its event at the Australian Embassy, 8 Tao Dien Street. Please bring photo ID also from 2pm.
Dear Swannies, Sponsors and Supporters
Next Sunday, 5 August, the Swannies will be hosting a Family Day and a screening of the 27 minute Documentary on the 2012 ANZAC Friendship Weekend in:
- Saigon at the Boat House Restaurant and Bar in the An Phu Compound, D2 (not the Gaudi Restaurant as previously advised)
- Hanoi – at the Australian Embassy. Please bring Photo ID to show at the gate and a towel to use at their swimming pool.
They will be two very leisurely, Sunday afternoon, sessions, the weekend before the Asian Champs, sipping chardonnays and beers while watching the Saigon River flow by and the ripples in the Embassy’s pool.
Also, for those who are interested, we shall be screening a 27 minute documentary on the ANZAC Friendship Weekend. Steve Drummond has put together the documentary that features a number of interviews with players and veterans who reflect upon the entire weekend. We learn what it’s like to play in the Legends’ Match alongside your Dad; what it’s like for a Veteran to see his son play on the same oval that he played on in the late 1960′s when he won a premiership; what it feels like to win the ANZAC Friendship Match’s Best on Ground; what it’s like to speak about your dying best mate at the McMillan Dinner which is named in his honour; what it’s like for a Veteran attending the ANZAC Dawn Service when his mate puts his hand on his shoulder; what it’s like to help at the Centre for the Protection of Children in Vung Tau. And lots more.
We would be delighted if you, your families and friends could come along.
- Time: 2pm onwards, Sunday 5 August. Until whenever.
- Screening time of ANZAC Friendship Weekend Doco: 3 -3.30pm (for those who are interested)
- Children: Very welcome
- Friends: Bring a friend and spread the word of the Swannies
- Cost: Pay as you go. Drink (and eat) what you like. Arrive and depart when you like.
Purpose of Day
- To hold dedicated Swannies’ family friendly events in both Hanoi and Saigon
- To hold a day where Sponsors, Supporters and Swannies can mingle freely and informally
- To hold an event in D2 for those in Saigon who are always being asked to travel to D7 or D1 for Club events
- To screen the ANZAC documentary put together by Steve Drummond for those who are interested
This is low key event and, accordingly, bookings aren’t required. Just drop in if you can.
These will be the Swannies’ Sunday Sessions to be seen at. And the video of the ANZAC Friendship Match Weekend is well worth watching thanks to the tireless efforts of Steve Drummond.