National President, Phil Johns, sends out the following great news!
Dear Swannies, Sponsors and Supporters
I am delighted to confirm that will sponsor the Vietnam Swans, Vietnam’s Australian Rules Football Club, in 2012.
AIS is based in Saigon where it has three excellent, high class schools, namely:
- Xi Early Childhood Centre, 190 Nguyen Van Huong Street, Thao Dien Ward, D2
- Early Childhood & Primary School, APSC Compound, 36 Thao Dien Road, D2
- Middle & Senior School (Head Office), East-West Highway, An Phu Ward, D2
AIS Principal, Peter O’Sullivan, says that, “For a parent, selecting a school for (their) child requires careful consideration. It needs to be a school that supports (their) family’s values and provides a rigorous academic foundation during the important school years… What is important to (the parents) is important to us, as we partner together in educating (their) child.”
AIS aims to encourage students to:
- think well with flexibility and reflection
- listen with understanding and empathy
- communicate with clarity and sensitivity
- become knowledgeable and capable learners
- strive for excellence and their personal best
- develop values that are necessary for a rewarding and fulfilling life
AIS speaks of “Connectedness in our Community” and this is entirely consistent with the Vietnam Swans’ passion for “Connecting Communities” through our various initiatives. Of particular interest to AIS is the Swannies’ commitment to support swimming programs that teach children to, not only survive but, thrive in Vietnam’s extensive network of internal water ways and coastline.
AIS also believes that its message can be communicated to a different segment of the market through the Swannies’ developing and influential network as well as this website which is now attracting 10,000 hits per month.
A number of the Vietnam Swans already send their children to AIS.
The Vietnam Swans fully appreciate that selecting a school for your child is a deeply personal decision. We simply request that, as part of your decision making process, you visit AIS for a full briefing so that you can make an informed decision as to which school most closely meets your needs.
AIS have actually just released a three minute, insightful, introductory video which can be viewed on
AIS, Leading to a Bright Future.