AFL Grand Final Saigon 2012
The Vietnam Swans’ 2012 AFL Grand Final Party in Saigon (HCMC, Ho Chi Minh City) on Saturday, 29 September will again be held at the in District 7. (For the Swannies’ 2012 AFL Grand Final Party in Hanoi, click here. For other cities in Vietnam, see below.)
Click below for Swannies’ “This is awesomeness” 2012 AFL Grand Final Party promo (the original version of the AFL’s official promo video can be viewed by ):
Lick your lips, shine the Sherrin and honk your horn because the Vietnam Swans’ 2012 AFL Grand Final Party in Saigon is coming!
On Saturday, 29 September 2012, the Grand Final Party will be held at the in District 7. .
- Family friendly – handball targets, jumping castles, toddlers’ pool, face painting etc
- Live telecast of the AFL Grand Final on Australia Network – Official Media Partner of the Vietnam Swans’ AFL Grand Final Party for the second consecutive year
- Auctions, raffles, competitions, music, prizes
- Lots of additional entertainment provided by Vietnam’s national footy club, the Vietnam Swans
- Meat pies
- 9am – 4pm
- Tickets – Adults Advance ticket sales: Adults VND1million ($50). At the door (if available) VND1.2million ($60)
- U18 VND500K ($25)
- U12 Free
- Dress code – Your favourite footy team’s colours, your favourite netball team’s colours or your favourite sporting codes’ anything’s colours. Prize for best dressed!!
Where to purchase tickets
- Commonwealth Bank Building, 65 Nguyen Du Street, D1
- Austrade Office, 20th Flr, Vincom Centre, 47 Ly Tu Trong Str, D1. Shannon, Ph +84 (0) 908 945 151
- Boomarang Bistro Saigon, 2 3-4 107, Ton Dat Tien, Phu My Hung, District 7, Tel: +84 (8) 3841 3883 ( for map.)
- All good Swannies’ players
- Email Vietnam Swans’ National President, Phil Johns at or Ph. +84 (0) 933 032 296
Auctions / Raffles / Prizes. (Please note, the details below should be treated as a guide only. Suppliers of prizes/raffles/auctions shall determine the specific terms and conditions. Winners should deal directly with suppliers rather than the Vietnam Swans.)
- : two return economy class tickets to Dubai, UAE. Valid until 30 June 2013. Winner responsible for all applicable government charges and taxes.
- : Weekend (2 nights) for two in a Suite Room. Includes breakfast and evening cocktails. (Value: $700++)
- : One motorbike dressed in Vietnam Swans’ colours with Swim Vietnam logo.
- , Saigon: One return air ticket to one of: Tokyo/Osaka/Fukuoka/Seoul/Busan/Shanghai/Beijing/Hong Kong. Travel must be completed before 30 Nov 2012. Winner must pay taxes and charges and 10 per cent of the available fare (approx $300).
- , Danang: 4 x 18 holes rounds with caddie. (Value: $500)
- Vodka Cruisers: available throughout the event.
- magazine. Free advertising of Swannies’ Grand Final Parties.
- – Cash sponsor. (Lagler – Leaders in floor sanding supplies.)
- , Hue: One night’s accommodation. (Value, $350)
- , Ha Long Bay. Two persons, one night, two days. . Includes round trip transfer by shuttle bus, accommodation, welcome cocktail, shore and bay, excursion entrance fees, lunch, dinner, breakfast, on board insurance, 5 per cent service charge and 10 per cent VAT. Excludes city transfer, spa services, beverages.
- . One night stay for two people in Superior Garden View Room with breakfast.
- Two nights, with breakfast. Not available peak season. Valid for 12 months.
- , sporting apparel.
- Official Media Partner for the Vietnam Swans AFL Grand Final Parties. Giveaways and AFL merchandise
- Cash sponsor. Share the Experience.
- , Saigon. Meat tray. (New address in D7. A001 My Phuoc, Pham Thai Buong st. Phu My Hung. Opening soon at Snap Cafe, D2)
- , Him Lam Driving Range – two free one-hour golf lessons by Phil Wright with video analysis. Also, for Swans’ supporter/player booking a 5, 10 or 20 hour course, receive one free bonus hour (saving USD100) and one dozen Titleist Pro V golf balls (approx USD100). Download the brochure.
- International SOS – one medical kit.
- Saigon Gaels Gaelic Football Club – one Johnnie Walker limited edition Gold Label bottle of whiskey.
Items for auction/raffle
- 1996 Brisbane Bears jumper signed by team (that went on to win three premierships as the Brisbane Lions. Includes, Voss, Lynch, Akermanis etc) Donated by Chris O’Dempsey.
- Sydney Swans jumper signed by the team. Donated by Heath Ellis.
- One Fremantle jumper. Donated by Gerard Neesham. (Funds raised will be donated to Swim Vietnam)
- Carlton “Team of the Century” jumper signed specifically for the Swannies by Official AFL Legend, Alex Jesaulenko. Donated by Lagler Australia.
- North Melbourne jumper signed specifically by Official AFL Legend, Barry Cable.
- GWS jumper signed by Kevin Sheedy. Donated by Ken Earney
- “150 years of Football” mural signed by Kevin Sheedy. Donated by Ken Earney
- One motorbike dressed in Vietnam Swans’ colours with Swim Vietnam logo. Donated by (All proceeds to Swim Vietnam.)
- Fiji Rugby jumper. Donated by Ross Munn.
- Manchester United jumper signed by legends, and Gordon McQueen. Donated by Wayne Rideout. (Watch on You Tube.)
- Heart Reach Australia hat signed by motor ace, Peter Brock. Donated by Chris O’Dempsey.
Boomarang Bistro, 2 3-4 107 Ton Dat Tien, PMH District 7, HCMC (next to the Crescent Mall). Tel: +84 854 136 592.
Australia Network will do another promo video for the 2012 Swannies’ Grand Final Parties (Australia Network is the Swannies Official media Partner for the second consecutive year).
To view Australia Network’s 2011 promo video for us, click here.
Venues in other cities that will show the 2012 AFL Grand Final.
Vung Tau – , 3 Le Ngoc Han Street. The Home of the Vietnam Swans in Vung Tau – the Home of the ANZAC Friendship Match. .
Hue – From 10.30am. Cheap beer, meat pies, sweepstakes. Hue Backpackers Hostel, 10 Pham Ngu Lau Str.
Waterfront Restaurant & Bar, 150 Bach Dang, Da Nang. Opens 9am. Brunch served from 9:30am. Grand Final coverage begins at 10:00am. Sausage Sizzle, Aussie beef pies, beer specials, bundy rum. Live acoustic band playing between intermission and after the game. Email. , Ph 0935 275 520
Al Frescoe’s (part of the Al Fresco’s Group, a 2012 National Sponsor of the Vietnam Swans), 43 Nguyen Phuc Chu, Hoi An. Restaurant opens for breakfast at 8am. Game Coverage Starts at 10am.Tel: +84 510 3 929 707. Email:
, 51 Phan Boi Chau Street. Hoi An Town. Restaurant opens for breakfast at 8am. Game coverage starts at 10am. Tel: +84 (0) 510 3914 742; HP: 0127 50 50 400. Contact: , General Manager. Click for .
Hai Cafe (2 entrances), 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc St and second entrance at 111 Tran Phu Street. From 10.30am. All day BBQ in courtyard, footy tipping competitions, Contact No. 386 3210.