Pies, Cats and the horns are honkin’
Posted by Vietnam Swans on September 17, 2010
Nasho Prezo, Fabbo, gives a Swannies update.
Dear Swannies, Sponsors and Supporters
Can the pace get any more frantic? You wouldn’t have thought so.
- HCMC, 4.30pm Cafe Latin, Preliminary Final, Collingwood Vs Geelong. Trish Franklin from the Loreto Foundation will also attend with a TV crew from Channel 7. Greg Armstrong is back in town.
- Hanoi, 4.30pm, Jaspas (home of the 2010 AFL Grand Final Party), Preliminary Final.
- HCMC, Auskick clinic with the kids from , RMIT, Saigon
- HCMC, Training and scratch match starts at 2pm so we can get to the 2nd Preliminary Final
- Hanoi, 12.45, Gaelic Match against the Irish and then back to Jaspas to watch the footy.
- Saigon Shooters take on South Bangkok (not the Thailand Tigers; this is another team) in Bangkok. The Shooters are an awesome bunch who do loads to support the Swannies. All the Swannies wish the Shooters – who are going over with two teams – the best of luck.
- HCMC, Auskick, 8-9am, Australian International School, Thao Dien, D2
Grand Final Day – Special Guest Appearance!!!
The Swannies in Saigon are delighted to announce that we have a super duper special guest who will fly in just to see the Grand Final with us. It is none other than the Little Guy, Super Savvy Scotty Stacey. Played in the first match back in 2003, a key architect of the national Swans team, a coach and a little bit of a shocker (only because he’s from Adelaide). It’s going to be awesome! Scott will also get up to Hanoi during his short visit. (Did I say short? Sorry Scotty!)
Keep checking the Swannies website for all the latest information on the Grand Final Parties in both cities – and see below for the list of great prizes to be raffled and auctioned.
Grand Final Recovery Day
Australia Network will replay the Grand Final at 1pm on Sunday 26 September. In Saigon, we will get to welcome the boys from Tarrawingee who were to have played a footy match against us but due to logistics issues, had to be cancelled. The Apprentice, Daniel Hogarth is an ex Swannie and it will be fantastic to catch up with him and his team mates.
Asian Champs, Shanghai, 16 October
Plans are well advanced for the 11th Annual Asian Championships to be held in Shanghai. Confirmed AFL stars at the after match function include Paul Salmon, Brian Taylor, Paul Licuria and Steve Silvagni.
To see the prospectus for the Asian Champs as well as full details of the dinner and AFL Exhibition match, check vietnamswans.com
Swannies are now coughing up the cash for this mega weekend. If you’re not coming, it’s still not too late to avoid suffering the biggest regret of your life. Just contact me and I’ll talk you through it.
At the end of the post:
When you head off to JASPAS and Cafe Latin tonight, be sure to honk yer horn. I will. And so will a few other motorists.
Bring on the honk!