Swannies, take a breath: it’s hectic!
- Saturday 24 May, RMIT @ 2pm – Scratch Match
- Sunday 25 May in District 5 – “Experience Australia Day” showcasing Aussie Rules
- Saturday 31 May, Hanoi @ 2pm – Vietnam Swans Vs Singapore Wombats in our new jumpers – with our new sponsors: Linfox, Loscam, Blue Ink Asia, Big Rooster Footy, Bobby Brewers and Jim Beam
1. Saturday 24 May – Saigon Swans, turn up for some quick match tactics followed by an internal practice match.
2. On Sunday 25 May, Australia Education International and the Australian Consulate are putting on “Experience Australia Day” in Saigon. The Swans have been asked if we can showcase some Australian Rules. We will have some footies, an exclusive Vietnam Swans handball board made up purely for this event and a big screen showing the 2005 AFL Grand Final which the Sydney Swans won.
We’re looking for volunteers to help out. Our specific slot runs from 2pm – 3pm (an update with specific details will be posted shortly) but it would be good to go from say 1pm – 3.30pm. We’ll wear our footy jumpers and have an awesome time. Please let me know if you can make it.
3 31 May, Vietnam Swans Vs Singapore Wombats, Hanoi. On the Friday night, dinner at Jaspas. Saturday, game starts at 2pm and there will be 4×15min quarters. 16 players per side plus unlimited bench. Dinner at Jafa Restaurant and Bar. Sunday brunch – Green Mango Restaurant. Swans Coach – Jarrod Dale, Hanoi (former captain of the Swans and Swans’ coach on 3 previous occasions for 2 victories). We’re trying to find a hotel at the moment.
So far, confirmed players from Saigon are: Phil Johns, Matt Johns, Clint Muzza, Big Joe, Damo, Chris Arnie (?), Eddie the Mexican, Sam the Man, True Drew, Anthony Cursio (?), Nathan (?).
Have I missed your name? Email me and let me know. It’s the unveiling of our new jumper and sponsors… It’s a piece of history… You wouldn’t want to miss this one…