2011 AFL Grand Final Saigon
[*** The Vietnam Swans are also holding a Grand Final Party in HANOI at JASPAS, Hanoi Towers. Click here for full details.
Click here for the Australia Network's updated promo video for our Grand Final Parties. The Australia Network is the Official Media Sponsor for the Vietnam Swans' AFL Grand Final Parties.
See bottom of this page for Grand Final parties in Hoi An, Hue and Danang. ***]
Lick your lips, shine the Sherrin and honk your horn because the Vietnam Swans 2011 AFL Grand Final Party in Saigon is coming!
On Saturday 1 October 2011, the Grand Final Party will be held at in District 7. .
- Family friendly – separate, safe, kids’ play area (see photos below)
- Live telecast of the AFL Grand Final on Australia Network – Official Media Sponsor of the Vietnam Swans AFL Grand Final Party
- Auctions, raffles, music, face painting
- Lots of additional entertainment provided by Vietnam’s national footy club, the Vietnam Swans
- Meat pies
- 9am – 4pm
- Free bus from D1. Will leave at 8.45am sharp from Al Fresco’s, 27 Dong Du Str.) Seats are limited. Priority given to people with pre purchased tickets. Bus will return at 5pm.
- Free bus from D2. Will leave at 8.45am sharp from British International School, 246 Nguyen Van Huong Str. Seats are limited. Priority given to people with pre purchased tickets. Bus will return at 5pm.
- Advance ticket sales – Adults VND900K ($45); U18 VND400K ($20); U12 Free
- Tickets at door (if available) – Adults VND 1million ($50); U18 VND500K ($25); U12 Free
- Dress – Your favourite footy team’s colours, your favourite netball team’s colours or your favourite sporting anything’s colours. Prize for best dressed!!
Where to purchase tickets
- Commonwealth Bank Building, 65 Nguyen Du Street, D1
- Austrade Office, 5th Floor, Landmark Building, 5B Ton Duc Thang Street, D1
- Boomarang Bistro Saigon, 2 3-4 107, Ton Dat Tien, Phu My Hung, District 7, Tel: +84 (8) 3841 3883
Auctions / Raffles / Prizes. (Please note, the details below should be treated as a guide only. Suppliers of prizes/raffles/auctions shall determine the specific terms and conditions. Winners should deal directly with suppliers rather than the Vietnam Swans.)
- x1 cricket bat signed by Australian Cricket Team
- x1 footy signed by Alex Jesaulenko.
- x1 footy signed by 2011 Sydney Swans team.
- x1 Hawthorn jumper signed by 2011 Hawthorn team.
- x1 Melbourne jumper signed by 2010 Melbourne team
- x1 Brisbane jumper signed by 2010 NAB Norwich Rising Star, Daniel Rich
- x1 Sherrin footy signed by Miss Australia 2008, Laura Dundovic.
- . Two nights in a Park Suite incl breakfast and 60 min massage for 2 people. Valued at $1500. One Sunday Brunch in Opera for 6 people incl free flow Moet. Valued at $420.
One Saturday High Tea Buffet and Jazz in Park Lounge incl a glass of Moet. Valued at $170.
- . Three nights at incl breakfast. Valued at USD1,800.
- . Two nights’ accommodation, Ocean View Villas, incl. breakfast. Valued at $1,000.
- . Three nights’ stay in two bedroom villa, airport transfers, buffet breakfast, maximum of four people. Valued at $945.
- . One package of 8 x 18 holes, with caddies and $50 F&B voucher. Valued at $930.
- . Two nights’ accommodation in a suite, including breakfast. Valued at $650.
- . 2 x 4.5litre bottles for raffles, t shirts, prizes for Jim Beam handball board and drinks during the event.
- . Two nights’ accommodation (single/double) in Club Deluxe Room, at the exclusive Equator Club.
- . USD100* in Commonwealth Bank account (the bank account will be in Vietnamese Dong – the equivalent of USD100).
- Al Fresco’s, Saigon. 2 x VND1 million vouchers.
- Origin Energy – 17 green promotional (non leather) footies.
- . “All you can eat” Dim Sum for 2 persons at Yu Chu – Chinese Restaurant.
- – Two first aid kits.
- Survival pack – Twisties, caramello’s, mint slices, minties, cherry ripes, violet crumbles etc
Event Day Sponsors
- Australia Network – Official Media Sponsor
- Jim Beam – Drinks
- San Miguel Beer – Drinks during the day
- Coca Cola – Beverages
- Steiff Toy Shop (next to the Boomarang Bistro) will let children play for free in their play pen plus give discount vouchers for all children’s toys.
Photos of last year’s Vietnam Swans 2010 Grand Final Party, Saigon
For further enquiries
Email the Vietnam Swans at
Photos of play area for the kids:
Photo of Boomarang Bistro Saigon – Venue for the Vietnam Swans 2011 AFL Grand Final Party
Other Venues screening 2011 AFL Grand Final:
Danang – From 10.30am. Discounted drinks, BBQ foods and best Hot Dogs in Vietnam. Footy Tipping Competitions. Waterfront Restaurant & Bar, 150-152 Bach Dang, Da Nang City, Viet Nam, Tel: 0511 384 3373, Mobile: 0935 075580, Email:
Hoi An – From 10.30am. All day BBQ in courtyard, footy tipping competitions, Hai Cafe (2 entrances), 98 Nguyen Thai Hoc St and second entrance at 111 Tran Phu Street. Contact No. 386 3210.
Hue – From 10.30am. Cheap beer, meat pies, sweepstakes. Hue Backpackers Hostel, 10 Pham Ngu Lau Str.