Below is the emailfrom the Australia Network which described what would happen once “normal transmission” resumes…
Thank you for your recent comment about our scheduling of the 2008 AFL season. You will be pleased to know that the schedule will be revised as of 11 April, and will conform to the following basic pattern:
1. An average of four matches per weekend will be shown: one on Friday night, one on Saturday afternoon, one on Saturday night, and one on Sunday afternoon.
2. No matches will be shown on Sunday nights.
3. When there is no Super 14s match to be shown at 2100 (Hong Kong time) on Friday or Saturday, the AFL match will be shown between 2100 and 2400.
4. When a Super 14s match is shown at 2100 on Friday or Saturday, the AFL match will follow it at 2300.
5. There will be occasional exceptions to this pattern. On Saturday 12 April, for instance, the matches will be shown at 1230 and 1730, and on Anzac Day, Friday 25 April, the Collingwood vs Essendon match will be shown at 1330, and the Fremantle vs Geelong match will be shown at midnight.
The changes for the weekend 11-13 April are already on our website schedule. The changes for subsequent weekends will appear very soon.